(Last updated 10th November 2020)
I need to collect personal information about you and your health in order to provide you best treatment. By requesting treatment and my agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can refuse to provide the information, but in doing so I would not be able to provide treatment.
- I have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting personal information from you because without it I couldn’t do my job effectively and safely.
- It is important I can contact you in order to confirm your appointments or to update you on matters related to your medical care.
- With your consent I may send (by email or in the post) health information to support your treatment or other information you may be interested in such as articles, research papers and book references. You may withdraw this consent at any time.
- All personal data held is confidential. A hard copy is kept in a locked filing cabinet that only I, Lucy Clarke, has access to. Records are held for 7 years (or to age 25 for minors). This is for insurance purposes. After this time, all identifying patient information is destroyed. Generic treatment information is retained for practitioner development.
- Your mobile phone number may be used on my work mobile if I need to contact you regarding your appointments or treatment. This mobile is password protected.
- Patients contacting me via social media i.e. Facebook, Instagram please note my accounts are password protected. However, due to the nature of lack of privacy on social media I ask that any sensitive information is sent to me directly via my work email – lucy@lucyclarkeacupuncture.
- I will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people will have routine access to your data – Your practitioner is Lucy Clarke
- You have the right to see what personal data of yours I hold and you can also ask me to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed you may also ask me to erase your records.
- If you would like to complain about how your personal data is being held and used, please send complaints to the Data Controller –
Data Controller – Lucy Clarke